liam mcd

Interested in joining?

We have had a significant increase in enquiries from potential new members recently, which is great! and a sign that the updated website and Social media platforms are working and catching peoples attention. Well done lad's!!

To anyone new visiting the site/forum and reading this, WELCOME!!!!!, please feel free to come along any Sunday morning to Q Bikes @ Neilston Road in Paisley. We meet about 10 mins before, and set off at 9 am sharp.

Although we have "Reliability Runs"  ongoing through February, we will always accommodate newbies and there will always be a lead rider available to captain a shorter introductory ride or a bit longer to suit your level. So there really is no excuse for not getting on your bike and joining us!

We look forward to giving you all a real Paisley Velo Welcome! :bike:

• Like 1

Update 28/04/18

Again we have a good few enquiries ongoing at the minute. Anyone who is interested in joining a cycling club, but still not sure if it is for you, pop your comments down in here! Any questions, worries, thought's, fear's get them out and someone will answer them.

Also, we will happily offer an accompanied introductory ride to anyone interested. Short 10 - 15 miles, where we can chat and discuss rider safety, and etiquette for riding in a group etc. Plus it's a great chance to discuss, where you are at with your cycling and where you'd like to go with it.

So pop your name down here if you are interested and one of us will get back to you asap.

I would like to Join the Club, I had initially contacted through Facebook but felt this would be more appropriate.

I have spoke with Colin Sales who has highly recommended the club to me.

I have been a bit hesitant due to never cycling in a bunch before and if my speed is up to the pace.

• Like 1

Hi Stuart,

A warm welcome - and no problem at all,

We have a wee ring which is specifically for those that are new to club riding, or are coming back after a period of inactivity, or are returning from injury. This wee ring caters for all riders regardless of pace and ability - though naturally we would always advise that you have at least some form of riding experience - which could be as simple as going out yourself a few times.

For club rides we typically allow you to join us for around 3 rides before having to officially join the club as a member. This gives you a non-committal opportunity to get a feel for how it works and then you can decide if it is something you wish to pursue.

If it makes it easier for you we can get you out for a 1-to-1 session to cover the basics for you and to help get you started. Club rides are every Sunday morning and if you want to do a 1-to-1 session we can get something organised for you at a time that suits.

Let us know what you prefer to do and we will help get you started. It is actually a really good time to get started at this time of the year.

Regards,
Daniel

Edited by SlipStream^
  • Like 1

Hi Daniel, 

Thank you for the reply and the details provided above. 

I started cycling on a mountain bike when doing munros and then used this on the cycle tracks in Renfrewshire.  I then decided to swap this for a road bike and did mostly flat rides to Bishopton and Houston average speed 21km. I've recently joined Strava to try and get my speed and distance up. 

The Sunday small ring sounds good, I was just a bit reluctant to join as I did not want to slow anyone down. Upon speaking to Colin he has settled my nerves so thought I would message to hopefully join. 

Thanks again, 

Stuart. 

Edited by Stuart Smith
Typo

Hi Stuart,

That's all good - you are more than welcome to join in on a Sunday club ride anytime.

If you are planning to join us this Sunday just watch over the next few days as this Sunday does not look too good at the moment weather-wise. The wind pressure is forecast to be quite strong which if so will have an impact on all club rides. We will keep you updated.

Regards,
Daniel

• Like 1

Hi Stuart,

I would advise not to go out tomorrow as the weather is certain to have a significant impact on any rides - the wind strength being the main issue.

Save it for another day when you can enjoy it more.

Regards,
Daniel

• Like 1

Hi Daniel, 

I was wondering if the outing would be on due to the weather. 

That's no problem, I will come along next week. Plan on doing a shorter local route tomorrow to stretch the legs. 

Thanks,

Stuart.

• Like 1