DonS

Don Smith Memorial 3rd March 2019

The Johnstone Wheelers hold an annual reliability trial in memory of my dad. This year it is on Sunday 3rd March.

The event starts/finishes in Lochwinnoch and there’s three distances – 26, 45 and 67 miles. Costs £10 to enter. Entries can be made online, and I think at the event on the day.

The event is usually well attended, and I believe the 67mile event is run off at quite a high speed as a lot of the local racing fraternity participate.

Weather permitting I’m thinking of entering the 45 mile event. Probably riding down and back to boost the mileage. Unfortunately the event didn’t take place last year due the weather.

Just wondering whether anyone else is interested in participating?

https://www.johnstone-wheelers.co.uk/thebunch/index.php?/topic/10470-don-smith-memorial-ride-2019-is-now-live/&tab=comments#comment-100037

Medium Route - http://www.mapmyride.com/gb/lochwinnoch-sct/jwcc-don-smith-45mile-ride-2012-route-72414462

I think you can pay on the day abut there’s an option to pay in advance via British Cycling. They seem to be encouraging folk to enter in advance so they can scale the catering appropriately.

Really want to do this as I missed it last year.  However, there will be plenty cakes available as it's being held on my wife's birthday and I don't have a pass out for that day...  yet! 

• Like 1

Hi Don this sounds good to me so count me in ........ its my birthday that day so ill eat Colins cake 😀

• Like 1

I'm going to enter be good if we could get good turnout in Velo colours  to participate in this , good cause as well .

Ian 

• Like 1